How do I report a claim

To report a claim, click here. If you cannot complete the claim online, please use our Member Claim Submission form. The most important information we need to determine the coverage that will apply is a general description of what happened (in your own words).

To whom do I report a claim?

Any claim (including lawsuits, complaints from Idaho Human Rights Commission (IHRC), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or from another person filing a claim against your entity or claims that you file with ICRMP) must be reported through the ICRMP website, by email or by fax: (208) 336-2100.

What happens once ICRMP receives the claim?

Once the claim has been reviewed by our claims manager for assignment and coverage, our claims team will begin the investigation. We make every attempt to contact you within 24 hours of receiving the claim. If the claim involves a person filing a claim against your entity, we will also try to contact them within 24 hours. After the investigation is complete, the claims person handling your claim will contact you with a recommendation as to how the claim will be handled.

If a person is injured on our property, do they have to file a claim for damage?

Yes. If someone is injured on your premises other than an employee, make sure they receive first-aid treatment. If your employee has witnessed such an event and is assisting the injured party, a Notice of Tort form must be completed by the injured person and submitted to ICRMP for review.

What is a tort?

A tort is a civil wrong that results in damages or injuries. As a public entity, you fall under the Idaho Tort Claims Act, which defines what needs to be done to file a claim against a public entity. It also lists several protections for public entities in the event of a claim.

What do I do when someone wants to file a claim against my entity?

Please have the person complete the Notice of Tort form and submit it to ICRMP for review. People who want to file a claim against your entity don’t have to use this particular form; they can submit a claim to your entity on paper, but it must be in written form and meet the requirements outlined by the Idaho Tort Claims Act. The claim can be mailed or hand-delivered. Note: You may receive a claim for damage from an attorney representing an injured person. Do not be alarmed. Though an attorney is involved, a suit has not yet been filed.

What do I do when a suit is filed?

Upon receipt of a Summons and Complaint, please call ICRMP immediately at (800) 336-1985 and email us a copy of the document at We also recommend contacting your attorney as soon as possible.

We must respond to a Summons and Complaint within 20 days or judgment can be entered against your entity without any other information. Notify those that have been served that an ICRMP claims representative and an ICRMP-appointed attorney will be contacting them soon. Provide all requested documentation to the claims representative and the attorney. The Defense Counsel will be selected by ICRMP. Remember: the attorney works for you but is paid by ICRMP.


Main: (208) 336-3100
Fax: (208) 336-2100


P.O. Box 15249
Boise, ID 83715

Privacy PolicyLegal Disclaimer
© Copyright 2021 - - All Rights Reserved.